Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jessica - Spring break

This is Rick Lewis, a friend/co worker of my Dad's. I chose to interview him because he is one of the most interesting people I know. In the 70s he got busted for possession of Marijuana. He could either go to jail, or join the Marines. He chose the Marines and spent the next 3 years jumping out of planes, doing underwater demolition, and close combat training. Learning, as he said, "a lot of neat shit that doesn't do you much good in real life."
After hearing about the time that he had to drive home to Chicago from Daytona on a motorcycle in the middle of a snowstorm, I asked if he had any more good stories. He said, "Sure, but most of them are X rated."

For this project I wanted to have more of a final piece, rather than just something in my sketch book. Obviously it's still in progress, but this is what I've been working on.

No comments: